The Country That I Want and Need

2:32 pm 2 Comments

For the past couple of week all I have been seeing on TV is a bunch of people seeking political recognition and political survival; forming alliances as the common citizen suffers. To be honest, this disgusts me and burns me to the very core. I have never in my life felt so confused. This was  the first time I understood what being 'between a rock and a hard place' means. I am totally undecided about my preferred candidate for the presidential position. I have to say there are so many Cons that come with the two "Horses" in this race to the State House. I believe everybody is set to their own opinion, some blind to their errors either due to cultural or monetary reasons. Either way what we are doing is dragging this country into the dirt like a dying plant. We leave the country to wither under so much filth, killing its roots and causing the flourishing leaves to wither and die.

I want....No!! I need a leader to stand up and put the interests of the country before his or her own. I need a leader who despite all barriers and threats, will not fear to say what is true and do what is right. I need a leader who will not succumb under the weight of important decisions, because without a strong spine the body is weak. What I need to see is progress. We are constantly dogged by the horror of repeating history day in day out. It never seems like we learn from our mistakes.

Are we cursed????

I demand a country that will take care of its citizens like a mother does a new born child. People are scavenging in dustbins for food, Police officers are being gunned down ruthlessly in our valleys and cities. Are we becoming a failed state???
Why is there nobody doing anything to stop the madness that is threatening to take over our country. We need to do something before this rot takes over our beautiful suburbs, our beautiful cities, our gorgeous, fertile rural lands and the brains of the citizens of Kenya.

Take a step, say a prayer, think cautiously and meticulously about your decisions as the General Elections approach. I cannot emphasize enough on peace during and after this period. I love my country and I do not want to see it raze to the ground due to a few people with their own selfish interests. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. i appreciate you share my sentiments caroline. I do not know where this country is headed.

      Delete

Feedback is always great; put your thoghts down, don`t be shy!!!